- Science Magazine is celebrating the centennial of general relativity with a special issue, which includes an interactive webcomic featuring a very spry Einstein in a super-hero unitard.
- Margaret Weitekamp, curator of science fiction and space memorabilia at the National Air and Space Museum reflects on recently-deceased Leonard Nimoy's Spock character from Star Trek.
- "A Spreadsheet Way of Knowledge" (and 'way of knowing,' we might add): a throwback history of a throwback (and now omnipresent) technology, first written in 1984. Planet Money has an excellent podcast episode devoted to ye olde spreadsheet, too.
- The Smithsonian has posted the finalists in its annual photo contest. As a Newark resident, Evan's favorite is the wall of shipping containers from our west coast sister city, Oakland...
- A long read about the debate among geneticists over the concept of “junk DNA.” Depending on who you ask, the majority of our genome is either worthless or an untapped treasure trove of regulatory messages.
- The sad story of the MIT Science Club for Disabled Children.
Home » Unlabelled » Links for March 9, 2015